Thursday, May 13, 2010

Obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal!

I was only planning on blogging about once a week and updating the world on whats going on in my weight loss journey or what has already happened. However, I felt like I should blog today to show that I am, indeed, not a super human who works out all the time and that sometimes I just have to sit back and say enough.
   This morning, after dropping Erich off at work, I came home and cleaned our home and scrubbed the spots on the carpet where my 2 year old potty trained dog has decided to pee. I'm not sure if this is a recreational activity for her while we are gone or if she is actually terrified to be alone. Anyway, if you know me you know I am a pretty clean person and once I start cleaning one thing I cant stop and I just keep going and going until there is nothing really left to clean. Its a problem I have and that is probably for another blog another time. =) Anyway, after cleaning I started to feel pretty sick to my stomach so I had a bowl of Special K thinking I was just hungry since I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Well, that definitely didn't help matters and made me feel worse.
   I pushed myself to get on my bike and try to ride but about 2 minutes into my ride I started to feel light headed and hot and even sicker. So, I laid down on the bed and took a 2 hour nap. Waking up I didn't feel great but I had to pick Erich up from work. I struggled to get myself and my three year old out the door while fighting my amazon of a dog who pisses everywhere; she also has a problem with wanting to race you out the door when you are leaving and seems to know the right times (when your hands are full).
   Anyway, I came home and laid down with Erich on the couch and watch a few movies on Netflix and started to feel worse. I chalked my laziness and sickness to I hadn't had my pot of coffee for the day. I have a major coffee problem and should probably go to rehab for it. Well, the coffee didn't help and I found myself getting sicker and sicker. So, after this long story, I decided not to exercise tonight and that I am just going to skip my "cheat day" on Sunday. I did chose to eat a little better today when I did eat. I made homemade chicken and veggie soup for dinner with loads of home made broth in it. Very yummy and very healthy. Hopefully this stays down.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when it comes to cleaning :). Once I start, I can't stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Last night I grabbed a scrub brush and a hot bucket of water and scrubbed my whole two bedroom apartment. It took me 4 hours to do but it needed to be done and I can wait for my shampooer to arrive. I think I have a serious problem =P

    ReplyDelete